考西 & 叶氏联合律师事务所
Position Summary: The Paralegal provides high quality legal and administrative support to attorneys in criminal and civil cases. The Paralegal performs legal research and drafts pleadings and discovery for the attorneys. The Paralegal also conducts intakes and provides legal information, referrals.
• Conduct legal research and writing;
Draft correspondence, pleadings, motions and discovery;
File pleadings on behalf of the attorneys and coordinate service of process in all cases;
Draft and serve subpoenas;
Communicate with clients as requested by the attorneys, including but not limited to working with clients to provide discovery responses or prepare for court;
Maintain the litigation calendar, including calendaring of court dates, litigation deadlines and discovery deadlines.
• Maintain and organize case files and record-keeping files.
• Provide clerical and administrative backup to Legal Secretary and courthouse offices.
• Accompany clients to court for civil and criminal proceedings.
• Conduct follow-up surveys and research inquiries regarding efficacy of representation service.
• Perform community outreach and training as needed, including on weekend and evenings.
• Develop and maintain liaisons with community, criminal justice system and other agencies.
• Other duties as assigned.Skills:
• Paralegal degree or equivalent experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge, skills and ability to assist on Criminal cases and Family law cases.
• Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with individuals of diverse backgrounds, including clients, House of Ruth staff, and members of the community.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks at one time.
• Computer literate (MS Word, internet, email).
• Demonstrates knowledge of paralegal practices and procedures by completing tasks and performing legal research and writing assigned correctly and on a timely basis.
• Ability to formulate, plan and organize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to master information technology by accurately inputting and retrieving information from the computer for data entry, word processing, e-mailing, and other functions in a timely manner.
• Ability to meet outreach goals as set by the Firm Manager
• Demonstrates ability to work in a fast-paced environment by meeting goals and objectives as set by the Firm Manager.
• Ability to perform other duties as assigned by the Firm Manager.
• Ability to pass a criminal background check.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and reference to firstname.lastname@example.org
The compensation is varied based on the candidate's experience. Causey & Ye Law is an equal opportunity employer.
Copyright © Causey & Ye Law, P.L.L.C.. All Rights Reserved