1. ACADEMIC & STUDENT VISA EMERGENCY SERVICES 学术和学生签证紧急服务
Causey & Ye Law provides services helping expelled student or student whom is facing visa/I-20 termination for various
reason. Our team includes study abroad specialists and immigration lawyers. We offer legal, fast, efficient,
and comprehensive protection of the interest of students, allow students to reduce losses and maintain legal status,
and enter academic track as soon as possible.
a) Reinstatement 重新激活学生身份业务
SEVIS Termination: Termination of a SEVIS record (an I-20) is very serious and can have many negative consequences
for student and his/her ability to stay in the US and attend school. Termination means that you are not in legal status
(“out of status”) per the Department of Homeland Security.
Reasons for Termination of a SEVIS record include, among others:
- Unauthorized Employment
- Unauthorized drop below full course of study
- Expulsion and suspension
- Failure to enroll in classes
Causey & Ye Law can guard your petition for reinstatement, smooth your communication with the Immigration Department, Embassy, and Border Control
b) Re-enter the U.S. with a New or Old Student Visa 使用新或旧的学生签证重新进入美国
Student Misconduct, immigration violations, and Criminal Convictions could cause the termination of student visa. When a student reapplies a student visa, he/she should be very careful about the information on the DS-160. Causey & Ye Law could help them to prepare the DS-160 and related documents.
Meanwhile, a student can experience different level of difficulties when he/she tries to re-enter the United States with a valid visa. In worst situation, the Border Control can deny his/her entry. Causey & Ye Law can help to have a smoother re-entry.
2. STUDENT MISCONDUCT AND VIOLATIONS 学生不正当行为和违规行为
Student misconduct is when a student allegedly breaches a University Rule and the student's action considered 'misconduct'. The misconduct can be academic or non-academic. A student can be brought before academic or professionalism committees for many reasons like below. If found guilty, the sanctions be anything from suspension to dismissal. Especially, the misconduct could cause permanent harm to an international student, such employment, immigration, and even criminal consequences. It would leave a negative record on your transcript, cause a termination of the student visa, troubling of reentering the U.S., or facing criminal charges.
Examples of misconduct include but are not limited to:
- cheating, including purchasing an assignment via the internet or sharing work with another person, and submitting as your own work
- misconduct in exams, including unauthorized material
- research misconduct
- fraud, falsely signing documents, forged signatures, false statements
- impersonating another student, or arranging for anyone to impersonate a student
- interfering with the freedom of others
- damage to property
- bullying, including cyber bullying
- inappropriate behavior
- not complying with a penalty imposed or a directive issued to you
- making an unauthorized disclosure and/or misusing Student Security Identification.
Causey & Ye Law experiences as trial and appellate attorneys to assist you in your academic and disciplinary disputes throughout Iowa.
Causey & Ye has handled cases of academic or disciplinary disputes and appeals involving:
- Accusations of plagiarism and cheating, honor code and golden rule violations
- Sexual assault
- Accusations of stalking and harassment
- Dismissals based on failing grades or failing clinical assignments
Students normally have a right to appeal these matters. It is important to have a knowledgeable attorney on your side to defend yourself. Many times, there are very strict and very short time periods in which to elect to defend yourself or appeal an adverse academic or disciplinary ruling. Contact education and school law attorney Causey & Ye Law immediately to preserve and protect your rights and reputation.
Causey & Ye Law provides representation to clients throughout the state of Iowa. Causey & Ye Law will provide you knowledgeable and aggressive representation to pursue the best possible outcome in your legal matter. Call today for a free consultation with an experienced school lawyer.
考西 & 叶氏联合律师事务所
Copyright © Causey & Ye Law, P.L.L.C.. All Rights Reserved